Kalispell Landscaping Tips
Many home owners often look at their lawn and are lost as to how they can improve it through landscaping. Most home owners have a strict budget that can seem to prevent any large scale landscape projects or lawn additions. However, with these money saving landscaping tips, you can be well on your way to transforming your lawn into a piece of art, even on the tightest of budgets.
- Always Plan Your Lawn Before You Make Purchases – It is always a good idea to map out your lawn and include notes about possible additions before beginning to purchase materials. Be as specific as possible. For example, it may not be enough to simply draw a stream through your yard if you are considering one. What will be the source of the water? Will there be a rock bed or would you prefer it to be surrounded by plants?
- Make a Decision About What Design You Would Like – If you make too many sacrifices to save money on your landscaping project, you might find the result unsatisfactory. For example, if you have always dreamed of a circular gazebo, don’t settle for a square one. You may find that it is not as enjoyable to use as your previous plan.
- Consult With A Professional – Even if you cannot afford to have a professional handle your landscaping project, doing a quick 30 minute to 1 hour consultation session about your plans and goals can be very valuable. A landscaping professional can assist you in setting reasonable goals and defining a reasonable budget. Spending the money for a short consultation can save you from many costly mistakes later.
- Be Prepared to Work in Phases – If you have some ambitious goals but a budget that does not justify them, do not be afraid to buy supplies over an extended period of time. For example, you might buy mulch and flowers one month, add stone steps the next and cap off your garden with a fountain during the final month. Buying in phases can also help you determine whether your new lawn will require too much maintenance once it is completed.
- Do Not Make the Mistake of Thinking That Cheaper is Always Better – You may want to save a great deal of money on new shrubs for your lawn. However, if the shrubs are too low of quality, you might not get exactly what you expected. Although the prices at specialty landscaping stores might be higher than superstores, the specialty stores often have a much better selection to help you make better landscaping decisions.
- Do Not Make the Mistake of Thinking That Cheaper is Always Poorer – However, if you find a great deal on landscaping supplies, do not be afraid to take advantage of it. For stoic supplies like stone and tools, you can easily get away with making the purchase at a mass supplier rather than going to a specialty store. You can also trust larger suppliers to handle common plants and flowers like annuals and perennials.
- Make Seasonal Purchases to Save Money – Lumber, for example, is often much cheaper during the colder months of Winter. You can then store it in a shed or garage until the weather permits your landscaping project. In addition, you can save a great deal of money on shrubs, plants and soil late in the planting season. These items will often be much more expensive at the beginning of spring because the demand for them is high but the supply is low.
- Don’t Forget About the Internet – Shopping online can quickly increase the selection of plants to which you have access while reducing the price of all products. However, remember to check if the plants will be able to survive in your region (especially if you live in northern areas where the winters are more severe) and add shipping costs before assuming that a product is cheaper online than buying locally.
- Brainstorm With Neighbors – You might find that a neighbor is also considering the same sort of project as yourself. If this is the case, you might be able to convince them to split the cost of heavy equipment such as a tiller or chipper. As these rental fees can quickly add up, sharing the cost with someone else can help you save a great deal of money.
- Make Sure that You Estimate Materials Properly – The amount of soil or mulch that you need depends on a variety of factors such as the size of your project and the depth at which the soil or mulch will extend. For example, remember that a metric ton of soil only fills about a cubic yard of space.
Kalispell Landscaping FAQ
This section of our web site will answer questions that we commonly hear from our clients. We welcome any and all inquiries from our visitors but you might find an instant answer to your question listed here.
I am aware that a landscape is the overall appearance of a lawn or garden. However, what services are considered to be in the realm of landscaping?
In general, any additions or improvements made to a home’s exterior grounds are considered to be landscaping projects. Most people think of landscaping as any changes made to a lawn or garden surrounding a home. Regardless of the size and shape of an outdoor area, every home owner has a landscape to work with. Landscaping is the art of taking this space and transforming it into a complimentary work of art.
Why should I consider landscaping for my yard or garden?
Even if you are not currently selling your home, it is a well known fact that any landscaping activity can immediately boost the overall value of your property. When you do choose to sell your home, a beautiful landscape can add thousands of dollars to the price. Think of your yard as your home. would you avoid cleaning the kitchen until you were ready to sell your home? A beautiful landscape around can make living there more enjoyable and promote a positive image to your friends and neighbors.
I’ve decided that I would like landscaping services but my lawn needs a lot of work. Where should I begin?
One of the first things that landscapers do when landscaping a yard is work with trees. A common problem for most home owners is a large amount of branches threatening to fall and damage their house. After clearing all of the large, dead branches from over the yard, you might find that the additional sunlight immediately adds a new appearance to your yard, as well as protecting what is likely the largest investment that many people make.
Do I really need a professional to handle my landscaping?
While we would certainly love for you to try our services, some projects can be completed at home in only a few short hours. Deciding whether or not to hire a professional generally comes down to personal taste and the size of the project. You can save a great deal of money on very small projects, however, by consulting with a professional for 30 minutes or an hour. If you feel like you do not have enough time, patience or creativity to handle your landscaping, a professional might be the right choice. However, if you look forward to starting a new lawn project, you might decide to handle many of the tasks yourself.
I want to do my own landscaping, lawn care or gardening. Where should I begin?
Start your landscaping project in an area where you feel the most comfortable working. Gather some resources to help you with your project by purchasing books or looking online. You might have a specific design plan in mind that changes once you see what previous landscapers were able to do with a similar area. After you known what you want to do, start by developing a plan. Keep a watchful eye on your yard to see where the dry or sunny spots might be. If you find dry spots, those areas might require a bit more attention. Places in your yard that get a lot of Sun might be great places for new gardens.
I’ve heard a lot about color theory when choosing plants and flowers. Can I apply this to my landscape?
From a landscapers perspective, color theory is very important. This concept involves mixing and matching colors to create a complimentary piece of art with your yard. Simply put, colors such as red and yellow are warm colors while blues and greens are cool ones. To create the best color scheme in your lawn, try matching warm colors with other warm colors and cool colors in the same way. Warm colors can be exciting while cool colors are often considered to be calming. So, if you are considering designing a garden for meditation, you will likely prefer to stick to cool colors in your fixtures and flowers.
Your Kalispell Landscaping Specialists!
Adventure Lawn & Land Management was founded with one simple principle in mind: provide unparalleled customer support and outstanding quality services. Since our founding, we have built up a staff of professionals to serve your every landscaping need. We employ experts in gardening, lawn care and landscaping to give you a personalized and custom approach to your outdoor design needs.
Our recent expansion has enabled us to expand our client base and revamp our landscape service offering.
The mission of Adventure Lawn & Land Management is to become the top provider of landscaping, gardening and lawn care services in the Kalispell area. Our experienced and dedicated staff works one on one with each individual client to ensure that they receive exactly the services that they expected and enable them to build productive and long lasting relationships with our company.
For more information about our company, please contact us by phone at (406) 752-7669 or by emailing us.